Friday, April 1, 2016

March Challenge Winner and Highlights

Hey there, mixed media card artists! It's time to announce the winner and highlights for the March TREES challenge.

We have Here's the winning mixed media card as chosen by the design team:


Congratulations! Please grab your winner badge below to display proudly on your blog.



And now here are the highlights. The girls in the design team picked an entry to highlight. It's the entry that uniquely impacted us in some way -- a specific technique that was used, the colors, the creativity, or something in it that touched or impacted us.


Lee-Anne says, "Love all the details and texture on this!"

Jenny says, "I love the Color Burst effect, the light shining through the trees and the adorable bird perched on the sentiment!"
Yasmina says, "I love her card and this cutie bird."
Maria F. says, "Those sun rays and that birdie looking back at them... framed with leaves of a tree. Ann's card just takes me right there to that spot!"

Becca says, "This whole scene took my breath away. The vibrant night sky is amazing and I love the silhouetted house and trees. So much talent all in one place!"

Melissa says, "I love Susan's use of sprays, embossing paste, copper, ink, and embossing powder! Oh wow! I love that copper tree. The sprayed background with the stenciled stars is beautiful."

Elina says, "Love those hand-carved stamps! Simple but yet very powerful. The black stamped images are a great match to the brusho coloured background."

Shirley says, "The lace and patterned paper on the background add a wonderful softness and vintage feel to this card. Great sentiment too!"

Sanna says, "Love the dimensionality and the design on this card! Very eye-catching, great card!"


Congratulations, ladies! Grab your badge below to display proudly on your blog.

Get your artsy supplies together and check back at 6 a.m. Pacific (an hour from now) for the April Challenge!

Be artsy. Be messy. Be creative! :o)

9 comments:

  1. Congrats to the winner and top picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! These entries are all fantabulous!!! Love every last card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh thank you so much for highlighting my card,that's made my day! Congrats to the winner and all the other lovely cards selected too. Keep up the fab inspiration DT ;)
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank u so much for your kind words Becca! Thanks all for choosing my card as the winner-I am honored!! Congrats to all the winners! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to the fabulous winners x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Melissa, for highlighting my card and for your kind comments. I'm so thrilled and honoured as I'm quite new to Mixed Media.

    Congratulations to Suchi for her beautiful winning card and to my fellow "highlights".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards all worthy of their wins and top picks! Great job choosing your winners, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so trilled and honoured. Thank you Jenny,Yasmina and Maria F. for highlighting my card and your kind comments. Congrats to other winners!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, thank you Lee-Anne and Shirley for choosing my cards as your Highlights! Congratulations to Suchi as the Winner- your card is spectacular! As well as congratulations to the rest of the Highlights- such a wonderful array of talent! Thanks again for the honor - hugs!

    ReplyDelete